Phishing and Other Types of Email Fraud
Steps to Take With Every Email You Receive
When You Receive an Email, Ask Yourself:
- Who is the original sender?
- Is it making an urgent request or playing on your fear and emotions?
- Does it appear to come from a legitimate source, but it’s asking you for unusual information?
- Did you sign up to receive this email, or is it from an organization with which you are unfamiliar?
- Is it asking you to send personal information over the Internet? (remember, legitimate companies won’t normally ask you to do this)
When in doubt, don’t open or click on anything, and alert IT personnel.
NHTrust is a trade name of New Hampshire Trust Company. Brokerage services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC., Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment and insurance products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. Infinex and NHTrust are not affiliated. NHTrust is a brand name of New Hampshire Trust Company. We are proud to follow the TRUST approach with all customers and prospects.